Since 2016 Dragon Productions Theatre Company has hosted the Monday Night Play Space. Two Mondays a month (when we can) Dragon Productions Theatre Company opens its doors to local artists to use the space for anything, including staged readings of new plays, local film screenings, poetry slams, stand up comedy, improv demos, books readings, and anything else that the Bay Area artistic community comes up with! You need to workshop a new script in front of an audience? This is your opportunity! As a performer, there's no cost to you but we do need to get some details and book you into a time slot. Our goal is to provide local artists a venue to safely test run a new work or performance set and connect with some new fans while allowing our community a low cost way to experience new art.
Please be aware of the following:
- You are responsible for casting your show/reading.
- Please note that this is NOT an opportunity to fully produce a new play or musical with a set. There may be a Dragon set already on the stage so we'll be closing the mid-stage curtain to give you the front of the stage as a performance space. This is really intended to workshop a new play with scripts in hand or a new improv set or whatever. Workshop and low tech are the keys here.
- You can enter the building at 6p on the night of your performance for set up and a quick walkthru of the performance. We unfortunately cannot accommodate other rehearsal time.
- We will provide a technician to run lights/sound during the show and to help you get set up for the evening. We will also provide front of house staff to sell tickets and concessions for the show. This event is pay what you will in cash at the door and routinely has pretty solid crowds. Obviously we sell better when you also push the event out to your network of friends and fans.
- The doors open for the audience at 7p and the show starts at 7:30p on a Monday night so make sure that your work schedule and traffic accommodate this. The Dragon Theatre is located in downtown Redwood City.
- For some Frequently Asked Questions please refer to https://www.dragonproductions.net/45-shows/249-mnps-frequently-asked-questions.html
- Check https://www.dragonproductions.net/box-office/mondaynight.html#performer for available dates in 2019.
- To apply for a performance slot go here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXkE3mK5rixgtuMyMl1jN9r9CvrWuN7nkqKiPxEybsIg7Jkw/viewform
Questions? Email Alika at alika (at) dragonproductions.net
Are you a stand-up comic, clown, acrobat, burlesque performer, musician, poet, mc, storyteller, dancer, or a performing artist of another discipline?
Dragon Productions Theatre Company is seeking new acts and performances of 60-90 minutes to add to our Late Night Series!
Since the summer of 2017, Dragon Theatre has been keeping its doors open late on Friday nights once a month to showcase up and coming talented local performers from around the bay.
We provide you with space and staffing to host a successful night of your performance. When all is said and done, we pay out a majority of box office receipts to you after our fixed staffing costs are covered.
Admission for these shows is $15 in advance or $20 at the door and each ticket includes one beverage. Shows start at either 9:30 or 10:30pm.
All shows are aged 21+.
Contact Bora “Max” Koknar about available dates to book your act or to get more information at max (at) dragonproductions.net .
- Title & Discipline of your act
- Description of your act
- Approximate length of your act
- Links to media you have available to share as a sample of your work (Please include any relevant contextual information)
- Minimum technical needs of your act
- Any other logistical needs/considerations for your act.
DRAGON and FUSE THEATRES AUDITION INFORMATION
Redwood City Play Festival: Gender Shorts
At Dragon Theatre
Dragon Productions Theater and Fuse Theatre are holding auditions for the one act play "Never Swim Alone" by Daniel MacIvor and directed by Nathanael Card. This one act will be a part of the inaugural Redwood City Play Festival of one act plays. This year the theme is Gender Shorts. The auditions are on Thursday, April 18th at the Dragon Theater in downtown Redwood City.
We'd love to see a diversity of actors on stage for these juicy roles. Come bring us your best audition and show us what you've got!
All roles are paid.
If you are interested, you may sign up for an audition below. We are scheduling groups by gender to come in each hour. We will first audition Men.
Sign up at The first round of "cuts" will be made and some men may be asked to stay and read with women from the second hour of auditions. Please note, as a man you may be asked to stay for the entire 2 1/2 hours (5:30-8pm). Women are scheduled to audition from 7:30-9:00pm. Again, similar to the men, women may be asked to stay the entire hour and 1/2 or may be released earlier. We will do our best to keep things moving on schedule.
About the show:
NEVER SWIM ALONE is a swift and darkly funny satire about two egotistical men and their ruthless competition for the title of Top Dog. The play is structured as a surreal verbal sparring match: Frank and Bill, two guys in blue suits and bad ties, square off in a 13 round Battle Royale of vicious undermining and one-upmanship, refereed by a mysterious young woman
Character Break down:
FRANK - a man in a blue suit. In his 30’s
BILL - an almost imperceptibly shorter man, also in a blue suit. Same age as Frank
REFEREE - a woman in a blue bathing suit. In her 20's
What you will need to bring:
Please bring a headshot and resume.
No monologues required, once you have signed up, sides from the show with more information will be sent to you via email.
Bring your calendars, we will have an audition form for you to fill out that includes a section for conflicts you may have.
First Rehearsal is on May 6, 2019 and the Festival closes June 16, 2019.
If you can't make this audition but would still like to be conidered, please email email@example.com and let me know you are interested in auditioning.
Parking for Auditions at the Dragon Theatre:
We strongly suggest parking in the County Parking Garage at Veteran's Blvd and Middlefield Way as it's got ample parking and is free on the weekends. Please plan to arrive a little early so you don't feel rushed walking to the theatre.
More info on parking and directions can be found here: http://dragonproductions.net/contact-us/directions.html
The auditions are located at:
Dragon Theatre at 2120 Broadway St. in Redwood City, CA 94063
Headshots and résumés can be mailed year round via US Postal Mail to:
Dragon Productions Theatre Company
2120 Broadway St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
or emailed to the company at info (at) dragonproductions.net
Dragon Theatre Technical and Creative Staff Opportunities
We are currently seeking properties, sound designers, costume designers, scenic designers, lighting designers, stage managers, and assistant stage managers for the 2019 season. Potential on-the-job training for some positions available. Interested in Stage Managing, but have never tried? You can start as an Assistant Stage Manager and learn the trade. Please send a letter of intent and resume to info (at) dragonproductions.net. There is a stipend for all production staff positions.